Follow the Firework Code
- You must be over 18 to buy fireworks and sparklers.
- Only buy fireworks marked with either BS7114, BS EN 14035 or BS EN 15497.
- Follow the instructions on each firework.
- Don’t drink alcohol if setting off fireworks.
- Keep fireworks in a closed tin or box.
- Light them at arm’s length using a taper.
- Stand well back.
- Never go back to a lit firework.
- Never put fireworks in your pocket.
- Never throw fireworks.
- Always supervise children around fireworks.
- Light sparklers one at a time and wear gloves.
- Never give sparklers to a child under five. Ensure that children wear gloves when handling sparklers.
- Keep pets indoors.
- It is illegal for anyone under 18 to possess fireworks in a public place.
Additional Safety Information
For further information to ensure you have a SAFE night please visit:
- Direct Gov - Fireworks Safety
- Health and Safety Executive - Risk Assessment
- Health and Safety Executive - Firework Sales Registration Application Form
- Health and Safety Executive - General Firework Guidance
- UK Fireworks Safety Website
- Blue Cross - Keeping your pets safe on fireworks night
All fireworks offered for sale by Cosmic Fireworks are tested to comply with either BS7114 or BS EN 15497, as appropriate.
For full Terms & Conditions of Sale please click here.
For more information, please do contact us.